Tuesday, July 1, 2014

You Should Visit Sweden If...



I had the amazing opportunity to join up with my friend Shannon and go on a wonderful Swedish adventure. This was my second time in Europe, and it didn't disappoint. We were able to see the islands of Oland and Gotland as well as exploring cities in the mainland. Sweden was not at the top of my list of places I wanted to go and see, but I sure am glad I took the opportunity, because it was truly splendid!


So if you are like me, and have never really thought about taking a trip to Sweden, here is a list of reasons why you should.




You should visit Sweden if...

1) You like to drink tea and coffee. It's everywhere. And it's cheap, if not free.
2) You like old/ancient stuff. Want to see some viking artifacts? Maybe a medieval structure or 24? Sweden is the place.
3) You want to enjoy charming architecture in even the smallest of towns.
4) You like pastries, or just plain old mind-blowing desserts. (Ask me where I got the best cheesecake I've ever eaten... It was not the Cheesecake Factory, or New York.)
5.) You like castles, fortresses, palaces, etc. and you want to see what they look like inside.
6.) You like techno music, the accordian, or a combination thereof.
7.) You enjoy beautiful green countryside. (Granted, you'd have to visit in the summer...)
8.) You like having days with about 20 hours of daylight. (Another summertime perk.)
9.) You appreciate well-preserved ruins dating back to the 1100s or something crazy like that.
10.) You like kind people, clean cities, and deliciously clean tap water.

People have asked me if I would go back to Sweden if I had the chance. The truth is, there are a lot of other places that I would really like to visit before I made a return trip there, but I would highly recommend it as a stop to anyone who is making a European excursion. It is truly beautiful, charming, and the people are kind and helpful. Sweden will always have a special place in my heart!


1 comment:

  1. Eliz, you fit in perfectly with hip Europeans. These photos could win a contest!

    ReplyDelete