Wednesday, June 13, 2012

The Tallest Man on Earth

This one time, as in yesterday, my friends and I made a turn-around trip to L.A. to see The Tallest Man on Earth perform. Not a mistake. This man is an incredible performer--his presence is so engaging, with a unique sound, and manner that's chock-full of quirks. I LOVED seeing him live, and feeling what he brought into the room with that deep voice of his, and those nimble fingers. This man has serious skills, and I haven't been able to stop thinking about his performance; hence, the need to make a post. Here's a little taste...


It's probably just the dancer in me, but I'm obsessed with how this guy moves. He has such a tiny frame and he walks in such an awkward and appealing way. When he's actually playing, it seems as if the music is just flowing through him uncontrollably; as if he has a hard time keeping his body from going all directions at once. I could watch him all day. In fact, that's what I did. This next video has a better portrayal of his body language. (Feet especially.)


Thanks, Kristian Matsson, for being so choice, and living up to your moniker:
The Tallest Man on Earth.

The Wiltern

No comments:

Post a Comment