Saturday, July 2, 2011

Deutchland Do's and Dont's..

...as in, Things I DO and DON'T love about Germany:


1) I DO love the pretzels. Soft pretzels are everywhere and they are a delight! I often dipped mine in Nutella. Terrific decision. I also loved the lemon Fanta found in Austria... I could never drink my fill.
2) There is so much to do and see! There is definitely something for everyone.
3) I love the colors in the cities... such a broad spectrum. 
4) The parks are bangin'. Much of the equipment is too dangerous for parks in the U.S. but they are the most fun. (Can you say, zip-line?)
5) Everyone seems to notice each other more... You rarely see people absorbed in technological gadgets as they walk through the streets. It was really refreshing.

Passau

1) I DON'T like how all the drinks are served without ice. Not so refreshing.
2) Everything is so expensive. It's depressing.
3) I don't like the "trophy shelf" found in many German toilets. They are made so your business lands right onto a flat surface. It's much more fragrant and I don't like it.
4) The service is not very good at restaurants. Servers don't have to refill beverages or really tend to you at all during the meal. (Did I mention refills are not free and cost about four dollars? Boo.)
5) I don't like the old trains that shut their doors on you prematurely and don't open, even after much force, calling for two other people on the train to assist you.

No comments:

Post a Comment