Monday, October 31, 2011

Candy, indeed...

A very bad cold/cough and burdensome fever has kept me close to bed-ridden the last few days. As a result, I was able to catch up on a lot of online window shopping. I came across many exciting new products: some things I would love to have in my possession, others that that would make great Christmas gifts. But everything I had browsed seemed boring and pointless once I laid eyes on these delightful roller-skates and learned the real meaning of eye-candy:

I have never, in my life, felt a stronger desire to own something that I would need less. I am swept away by the juxtaposition of funk and class that these sweet little debbies exude. When was the last time I owned a pair of roller-skates? 16 years ago. How often did I use them? Maybe three times. But who cares? Those candy-colored beauties just beg to be worn and flaunted...and I yearn for that opportunity. As long as I don't think about the price of a pair of skates of this magnitude, the dream will live on.

*Happy Halloween, everyone. But more importantly, Happy Birthday, Daddy-O. You are worth more to me than a million pairs of these righteous skates.

1 comment:

  1. SHUT UP! I saw these and immediately thought "I MUST NEED THESE FOR SOMETHING". I love fred flare for posting these online. Seriously, my heart skipped a beat when I saw these. P.S. I miss you. And can we get these and wear them together?

    ReplyDelete