Sunday, June 5, 2011

...and after careful consideration, a new blog is born!

I have been thinking about starting a blog for many months now. Because of recent changes in my life and location, I thought this would be a good place to keep people informed. However, I'm not quite sure what sort of blog this will morph into. I don't necessarily want to document everything I'm doing, but I did want a place where I could share my thoughts about... whatever I want. :) Movies, music, people, places, fads, fashions, actions and alliteration--You get the idea. Will this blog be boring? Perhaps. But that's a risk I'm willing to take.

The start of this blog was most recently put off because of my lack of inspiration when it came to a name. Do I try and be funny? Deep? Witty or clever? Instead of trying to reach any sort of creative standard, I just went with one of the first things I thought of. I don't know if my chosen title deserves any sort of acclamation, but it I'm happy with it. The full influence on my title came from a book written by Dr. Seuss entitled, "The Thinks You Can Think."

"...think left and think right and think low and think high. Oh, the things you can think if only you try!"

So here I am, thinking, and wanting to share my thinking with anyone who cares to read. I guess it's a way for me to know myself even better, as I attempt to share what goes on in this random brain of mine. Strange opinions, tendencies, likes or dislikes... everything's out on the table. Tune in.

6 comments:

  1. I'm very excited about your new blog! And especially excited that I am the first to comment! I am a little disappointed that I have never tried your scrambled eggs. I mean we were roommates for like 6 months!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! I just did this too! passionsofjesse.wordpress.com. Still not quite sure where it's going either. But it's fun. I'm totally following. And maybe I'll steal some ideas... mwahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Elizabeth! I am a happy follower! Woot! And I love the blog name!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ...And I definitely would use your handwriting as my main computer font!

    ReplyDelete